• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 Coronet/Charger questions

C_stripes

Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
I have a few questions that I would like to ask.
Does anyone have any pictures of 66-67 Coronets with Charger rear wheel openings?
Does anyone know if disk brake assemblies off of a 73 Charger will work on a 66 Coronet?
I may think of a few more shortly, but any help would be great.
Thanks, Jeremy

There's a Coronet w/ Charger quarters on this forum somewhere.

73 brakes will technically work, but the spindle mount is about (EDIT) 3/8" longer.

In 73 the K member changed to include thick rubber isolaing bushings, hence the increase. All B body and most all other spindles thereafter were engineered at the new size.

This is a hot topic right now. The debate centers around whether or not the added length affects the handling.

If handling is not affected, almost all 70's and 80's RWD mopar disk brake setups would become good donors.

I have a 5th Avenue that is going to be a donor for my 66 Coronet. I'm planning on swapping everything. Booster, master cyl, spindles, rotors, calopers, propvalve, even lines if they will work. I figure the cars are about the same size phisically, and the 66 is quite a bit lightler.

Besides spindle height, the only other concern is caliper position relative to sway bar (if you have one), as some models had calipers in the front, some in the rear in relation to the centerline of the spindle.
(EDIT) Apparently you can swap them L to R and change the caliper position.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back