• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66/67 Coronet Convertible Doors Same As Hardtop?

Sam69sat

Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
Are 66/67 Coronet Convertible Doors Same As Hardtop? Are they a direct swap with glass and all? Thanks

My vert has h/t doors on it. I believe it has the original glass to the doors, but hate to say that's for sure.
Best guess is 90%sure they're the same.
One main difference is the door jamb slider mechanism.

My Mitchell's Collision Part # guide shows the the doors, vent window frames and glass are all interchangeable between convertible and hardtop.

Convertible doors usually have a wedge on them that works with a corresponding piece in the door jam to help eliminate shimmy in this area. These will have to be transferred to hardtop doors if working on a convertible. There will be a couple of factory supplied divots on the door to indicate where mounting holes need to be drilled.

Convertible doors usually have a wedge on them that works with a corresponding piece in the door jam to help eliminate shimmy in this area. These will have to be transferred to hardtop doors if working on a convertible. There will be a couple of factory supplied divots on the door to indicate where mounting holes need to be drilled.

I'm looking at possibly buying convertible doors to put on a hardtop. With the wedge removed, sounds like the only difference would be that the holes are drilled out.

Coronet, Belvedere (Satellite/GTX) and Charger doors in 66 and 67 all interchange with differences in trim and associated holes.

Parts manual shows that vent window glass and frames are the same, whether hardtop or convertible.

Hard top & convertible doors will interchange, vents glass and all

Auto Transport Service
Back