• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 66-70 OEM B-BODY LEAF SPRING SHACKLES

Status
Not open for further replies.

re-animate

Local time
5:59 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys; Looking for a nice set of OEM 66-70 B-body leaf spring shackles. Don't want reproductions or Ebay prices. Let me know what you've got. Thanks,Dave

Hi guys; Looking for a nice set of OEM 66-70 B-body leaf spring shackles. Don't want reproductions or Ebay prices. Let me know what you've got. Thanks,Dave
Why, oh why...isn’t anyone making OEM spec shackles for these cars?
We can get every little detail to restore these cars but not this high wear critical part?!
I’m in the same predicament you are forced to try and find nice used ones for my Super Bee.
I’ve looked high and low at reproductions and used.
The repops are not even close in appearance or quality with thin side plates-cheap junk made in India or China.
Most original used ones are rusted junk unless you are lucky and can get some that aren’t worn out from the Southwest.
I put a request in with Desert Valley Auto Parts in Arizona for a pair of shackles.
Haven’t heard back yet but you may want to give them a try.
These are photos of the good originals on my ‘69 Charger
3 1/2” pin center to pin center
2 7/8” width between the shackle plates

15116214-07E1-4E87-929E-6D995D55A406.jpeg

3095C8A5-A502-4031-BD17-E06422E11953.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a set of these shackles from Hotchkis. This might get you where you want to go. I bought mine from Summit and they don't have the Hotchkis logo so they look pretty stock on the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back