• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 B Body Quarter Regulator

Sam69sat

Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
I'm trying to pull the quarter windows on my 66 Coronet hardtop. I see how to remove the rollers from the front and back channels but the regulator arm is also attached to the the glass frame somehow. Not sure if it's bolted on or there's a clip? How do you separate the connection from the regulator arm to glass frame? 67's are different so i think this is 66 specific.

I thought 66-70 was pretty much the same. Is there two bolts that hold the glass to the regulator quadrant? If so the glass has to be removed first.

I thought 66-70 was pretty much the same. Is there two bolts that hold the glass to the regulator quadrant? If so the glass has to be removed first.

I think i got it. Looks like there's a bushing that connects the regulator arm to the window frame and it has one of those round metal clips. Thanks

I think i got it. Looks like there's a bushing that connects the regulator arm to the window frame and it has one of those round metal clips. Thanks
If you follow the video you will remove is as an assembly, do all the work on the bench and then drop it is as an assembly.

Looks like 68-70 makes things a lot easier because you can unbolt the glass from the window frame? It appears with 66 you have to remove the glass and frame as a single unit and then the regulator by itself.

Looks like 68-70 makes things a lot easier because you can unbolt the glass from the window frame? It appears with 66 you have to remove the glass and frame as a single unit and then the regulator by itself.
You cant take the two bolts out and remove the glass? I thought 66-70 had the same guts. Post a pic of what you have.

This is a photo i pulled off ebay from a 66 plymouth. There's a single round hole in the window frame that attaches to a regulator arm. I didn't know how it attached but i think it's one of those little round clips. I'll have to pop it off blindly from the back so i can get the window/frame assembly out as one piece. Unfortunately the glass doesn't unbolt like 68-70.

s-l1600.jpg

This is a photo i pulled off ebay from a 66 plymouth. There's a single round hole in the window frame that attaches to a regulator arm. I didn't know how it attached but i think it's one of those little round clips. I'll have to pop it off blindly from the back so i can get the window/frame assembly out as one piece. Unfortunately the glass doesn't unbolt like 68-70.

View attachment 1448453
I see what you mean. Most likely takes that clip and it looks like most of it is done by feel with no sight.

Auto Transport Service
Back