• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Charger driver side trim molding damaged...

GassMann

Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am looking for the fender front upper trim molding or suggestions on how to repair/fabricate a replacement. This was damaged by my sister some 40+ years ago when she drove it in high school. I got the car when I turned 16 and have been lugging it around for years. I am close to finishing up the resto of this beast and getting down to the final pieces.

1659282960525.png

Any help would be apprecaited.

20220731_084236.jpg

Hey all,

I am looking for the fender front upper trim molding or suggestions on how to repair/fabricate a replacement. This was damaged by my sister some 40+ years ago when she drove it in high school. I got the car when I turned 16 and have been lugging it around for years. I am close to finishing up the resto of this beast and getting down to the final pieces.

View attachment 1321910

View attachment 1321909
Put an ad in the wanted section >

Hard to tell from a picture but I think that is reparable by most trim guys. The only thing is getting it to match the other pieces as to repair it will require stripping the old anodizing and polishing it back in bare aluminum. It probably won’t match the rest of it if it’s weathered anodizing - it will be shinier. You could have all the trim stripped and repaired/polished out which would take a little cleaning and light hand polishing/waxing every few years. Or they can polish it and reannodize it which is of course more expensive.

Or place a Want To Buy add on the forum and keep an eye out on EBay and you might find a nice original piece someone has that will be a match for the other pieces.

Hard to tell from a picture but I think that is reparable by most trim guys. The only thing is getting it to match the other pieces as to repair it will require stripping the old anodizing and polishing it back in bare aluminum. It probably won’t match the rest of it if it’s weathered anodizing - it will be shinier. You could have all the trim stripped and repaired/polished out which would take a little cleaning and light hand polishing/waxing every few years. Or they can polish it and reannodize it which is of course more expensive.

Or place a Want To Buy add on the forum and keep an eye out on EBay and you might find a nice original piece someone has that will be a match for the other pieces.
Yea... I already stripped the rest of the anodizing off so that isn't a problem. There are 3 other posts in the wanted section looking for the same thing since Mar with no replies, so I am thinking they don't exist in the available market. I guess that leaves me with repair or recreate. I have done some dolly work in a previous life when I was going for my A&P license some 45 years ago so I am thinking of crafting a mold and seeing if I can recreate one. If I can do one, I can make several.

But if ANYONE out there has a set of top of fender trim molding, let me know. :thumbsup:

Yea... I already stripped the rest of the anodizing off so that isn't a problem. There are 3 other posts in the wanted section looking for the same thing since Mar with no replies, so I am thinking they don't exist in the available market. I guess that leaves me with repair or recreate. I have done some dolly work in a previous life when I was going for my A&P license some 45 years ago so I am thinking of crafting a mold and seeing if I can recreate one. If I can do one, I can make several.

But if ANYONE out there has a set of top of fender trim molding, let me know. :thumbsup:
There is someone up here parting one out. So Im waiting for a reply on the year He has other parts for sale. But

What hes asking is another matter. Also in Ellensberg south side of I90. There is a mopar autowrecker. It should still be there. Also Spauldings autowreckers spokane had some old Chargers .

Bang it out put it back on the car and move on ' in the meantime finish the car the best you can. I waited 30 plus years to find the belt Moulding for my challenger. sometimes you have to wait for the parts to find you. good luck, its out there be patient

Hey all,

View attachment 1321910

View attachment 1321909
Drivers or passenger front fender?

Auto Transport Service
Back