• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 coronet 440 interior

mgivens710

Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
I have a 66 coronet 440 and it needs seats. I've been thinking about trying to put the seats front and rear from a new challenger. Wondering if anybody has tried this.

I have a 66 coronet 440 and it needs seats. I've been thinking about trying to put the seats front and rear from a new challenger. Wondering if anybody has tried this.
Whatever blows your hair back, but wouldn't those seats look odd? I'm only giving an opinion. Your car your rules.

I've posted on FBBO before about late 80's/early 90's Dodge 400/600 and LeBaron seats (the square body, not the round).

They look very similar to 66/67 seats but they have headrests and they recline.

DO you not have seats??? Bench or buckets???
I have the seats, looking at the prices going to pricey to have them recovered. Thats the reason I was thinking might pu the challenger interior at a wrecking yard.

Bench seats (and pre- 1970) buckets aren't too difficult to do the labor yourself.

Cost of materials from legendary is well worth it IMO when you are done.

recovering seats is alot easier than youd think. you need good hog ring pliers--a box of 100 hog rings--and because of the age--66--you should count on new foam--Ive been doing seats for many years-- its NOT rocket science--take your time--if the frames are rusted and you can see this before tearing them apart--just tip them over and LOOK--count on metal treating them and painting the frames and doing repairs if needed--ITS NOT HARD--some times it takes two men to pull the new matterial around the frames--but you can do this--Bucket seats are alittle harder than bench seats--If your frames turn out to be real bad--I have both front and back seats in a 66 Coronet Id sell you--also need recovering like yours do.

The only thing about recovering is the time waiting for them from legendary. I ordered a complete interior from from them during the last Carlisle show and just gotten covers yesterday although the other stuff came earlier. I am in no hurry as I am still doing body work. BTW it is a 66 coronet
The rep told me it would be several months before I would receive them so they were up front about that.

have you checked "THE PADOCK"-also good interior stuff--all the best to you--sending you encouragement pictures--my 66 Coronet 500 convertible--426 Hemi--TKO-600--5-speed overdrive stick--does 140 in 3rd gear with 4th and 5th still to go--22 to 26 mpg @ 80--

DSC00055 (2).JPG

DSC00126 (1).JPG

DSC00157 1966 hemi coronet restored.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back