• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Coronet Hood trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

miller1d

Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
I am in need of the front hood trim piece for a 66 Coronet 500, either good or repairable. I can find new for 67, but not for 66, and have had no luck so far looking for used. Any ideas?

I have been told both ways, I thought it might be the same. I spoke with a company that makes the 67 piece as a replacement, they said it would not fit the 66? I have a couple of dented ones, my next move will probably be look for someone to work on repairing them.

According to the parts books the 66 coronet has has its own part no. , the 67 coronet has its own part no. and the 66-67 chargers has a different part no.but are the same for both years.

Another difference between charger and coronet was the coronet piece has a relief in it for the primary hood release. The charger piece does not because the charger has a cable operated primary latch. Each trim will physically fit on the same hood, but are quite different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back