• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Belvedere Parking brake and rear brake line?

Auggie56

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
Parking brake. Is there a return spring on that cable assembly where the three come together? There was a cobbled-up one when I took it apart.

Rear brake line. Where does it route through at the left side of the firewall?

Thanks

No spring except the ones inside the drum and there is a coil spring on the park brake assy underdash

rear brake line doesnt go thru the firewall?

Rear brake cable hole is just forward of the emer brake pedal assy., Also visible underneath the left front wheel opening

rear brake line doesnt go thru the firewall?

Rear brake cable hole is just forward of the emer brake pedal assy., Also visible underneath the left front wheel opening
It was two questions, and the parking brake was answered.

My second question was about the hydraulic line from the rear brakes. Where does it go once it arrives from the rear to the firewall area? I started at the flexible line that attaches to the rear axle and follows the inside of the left rocker panel. I don't see any way it could reasonably routed.

Thanks

Exits master cylinder.
Goes down to dist or prop valve.

Said valve is on inside of drivers side frame rail. Directly down from master cylinder.

Rear line travels along frame rail. Passes thru Trans/ torson bar crossmember.
Then runs along side drivers side rocker panel.
Towards rear axle

Exits master cylinder.
Goes down to dist or prop valve.

Said valve is on inside of drivers side frame rail. Directly down from master cylinder.

Rear line travels along frame rail. Passes thru Trans/ torson bar crossmember.
Then runs along side drivers side rocker panel.
Towards rear axle
OK thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back