• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Charger interior/exterior detail

mr carl

Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
Guys...as I move along with the interior I have a few questions about the details. I truly hope to have this car out of my barn by the end of July.

DSCN3001_LI.jpg

does the stainless hinge bracket set under the console trim or outside of it as I have it?

DSCN3004_LI.jpg

I need to remove these rivets on the front door panel to remove the trim so the door panel can be cleaned and painted. If I drill out these rivets are they replaceable or once removed there is no way to re-attach the "CHARGER" trim?

DSCN3000_LI.jpg

and one last note...while replacing the sail panel emblems, the lower hole on the right side of the cars sail panel is in the wrong location...this is a factory hole. I disassembled this car in 2002 so I do not remember how it looked originally. Maybe it was filled as the car had been re-painted. Has anyone seen this before?

Carl

Well, lets see. First I will have to go look or find a picture of my back seats.
Second, once the rivits are gone you will most likely have to glue the trim on. I had to do that with the "Charger" trim above the mirror adjuster on the driver front door. Not sure about the back though as I cant reall tell from the picture what it is.
The replacement "Charger" script only has 2 pins but the original ones to our cars had 3 pins. If it is straight, it's correct. Just fill the hole. Don't forget the arrow always points front.
S4018098.JPG
S4018099.JPG
S4018099.JPG

Now that I look at the picture again, that is the same panel, yes, you will probably have to glue it UNLESS you get remove just enough the have a nib the put a small nut on.

Auto Transport Service
Back