• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 67 Coronet parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve817

Local time
2:50 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
If this is NOT in the correct forum, please put where it need to be for other Mopar folks to read. Beware SCAM older fellow Louis Skillman claims to be from Arizona selling these 67 coronet parts. I messaged him that I was interested and would like more pics. He sent additional pics along with other parts he had. We exchanged numbers, he called me first, I couldn’t talk right then but called him 2 hours later when I could. He had a Hispanic sounding voice and conversation was a struggle to form full sentences but overall, communication was good. He sent me a message for Venmo transaction with name of Byrd Sampson (because Byrd had Venmo and he didn’t). The money was sent Tuesday, June 6th. A few minutes later, he said his son would package and send out on Friday (on his day off). Being a nice guy that I am, I said “ok”. He also said that he would send me tracking number. Well Friday rolled around and haven’t heard from him so I sent a message to him regarding tracking number. This is what he messaged me:
Sorry for the delay. Delay is on my son's end as his ride has been with the mechanic since Thursday. But should be getting it back tomorrow morning.you should have your tracking number by tomorrow noon.once more Sorry for the delay !
Well, he finally sent a tracking number Monday which was fake and now his phone number is disconnected. These are the items he was selling on Facebook marketplace(pictured). I went back to find the listing and can’t find it anywhere. What I thought was going to be a great transaction was a complete and total fraud! Please share this and try to use any way to avoid this from happening to you! $500 just gone!!

123_1.jpeg

123_1.jpeg

123_1.jpeg

IMG_6649.png

What all were you buying for $500? The surrounds would sell fast for twice that, but someone would probably ask 3 times the $500. Sometimes when it sounds to good to be true, it a scam. It's a big red flag using another's account too. Sorry about your expensive lesson, but a lot of us have been there.

So, you do know that pictures are just that, pictures.... And names are just that, names. Next time he will use both different names and pictures. Unfortunately, your whole description of events was full of red flags, right down to using a pay service to someone you dont know..... i just hope it was disposable income for you. Actually, I wanna say that picture with the console parts where a urinal should be installed is either a stock photo, or one that has been used here by a member.... we'll see if someone else recognizes those pix...

Sorry to hear either way

Big red flag when they want you to send money to someone else.

Big red flag when a Hispanic person's son doesn't have a Hispanic name at all.

This is how I root out scammers. Tell them you want to make sure they are legitimate. Ask for another picture with a piece of mail they received with their name and address clearly on it next to the part. If they are bs they will vanish like a fart in the wind.

What all were you buying for $500? The surrounds would sell fast for twice that, but someone would probably ask 3 times the $500. Sometimes when it sounds to good to be true, it a scam. It's a big red flag using another's account too. Sorry about your expensive lesson, but a lot of us have been there.
Yes, A lesson learned and more vigilant for sure! Red flags now looking back and new realities of scammers process. I guess it’s wise to be hyper vigilant. What a bummer for sure and hopefully people on any market place needs to understand the vulnerabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back