• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 GTX Heater Cable

67GTX440

Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
I am putting the heater/AC box back in the 67 GTX and the heater control valve back on the firewall. I found the cable that goes from the heater control valve to the slider on the heater/AC control in the dash, but can't remember why the cable has the wide part that looks like it is supposed to route through something else between the two end points. Can anyone tell me why the cable is designed this way? Have I forgotten something in the two years plus since I removed it? I can't see anything under the dash that matches up with the design shape of the cable.

Thanks!

Don
Jacksonville, FL

Heater Cable 1.jpgHeater Cable 2.jpg

That is a turnbuckle to allow for some added adjustment, it just routes with the cable

That is a turnbuckle to allow for some added adjustment, it just routes with the cable

Thanks! It does not seem to adjust the length, but it does allow the end loops to rotate independently, probably to prevent the cable binding in routing.

It does not adjust the length of the metal cable itself, turning the turnbuckle lengthens or shortens/adjusts the length of the cable housing for aligning it on the housing retainers/clips
Thanks! It does not seem to adjust the length, but it does allow the end loops to rotate independently, probably to prevent the cable binding in routing.

Auto Transport Service
Back