• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 GTX interior finish color.

440sixpackracer

Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
I am working on the seat surround, seat backs, dash and kick panels on a 1967 GTX. I know the dash is supposed to be low gloss. My questions are for the back seat surround, seat backs and kick panels, are they supposed to be low gloss like the dash or?

Let me know what you guys think.

What color combination? The dash is a suede finish in your color. Upper door panels will be gloss in whatever color the fender tag says under the U. Console, upper rear panel will corresponds with your dash color is done with interior dye from various places like SEM, Herbs interior dye/paint, and others.

The parts mentioned were basically a satin finish, as would be the rear seat decor panel.
Yes, dash was suede, basically a textured no-gloss finish; steering column may have been also, as it was '68-up, but I can't recall.
Upper door & quarter panels were glossy, but a slight bit less so than the exterior finish.
Another source is the interior paint that Classic Industries sells; I've used it on a '68 Road Runner and it matched & worked well.

The only gloss paint in the entire interior is the metal door frames and corresponding upper rear side panels.

The dash and steering column are both the same suede paint for 1967.

From the factory the console and kick panels are molded in color, the rear seat surround is painted. They are not shiny, call it satin.

The seat backs have a tight vinyl covering. Vinyl is not shiny either.

Basically same finishes on the plastic as a 70 Challenger like you are racing. But you can make the interior plastic very shiny with armor all type products.

Last edited:
The parts mentioned were basically a satin finish, as would be the rear seat decor panel.
Yes, dash was suede, basically a textured no-gloss finish; steering column may have been also, as it was '68-up, but I can't recall.
Upper door & quarter panels were glossy, but a slight bit less so than the exterior finish.
Another source is the interior paint that Classic Industries sells; I've used it on a '68 Road Runner and it matched & worked well.
I don’t remember having one where the steering column was suede/flat textured. Always pretty shiny

1966 steering column was full gloss paint just like the upper door frame paint.

1967 column was suede paint exactly the same as the dash.
Remember how the NHTSA laws changed for 1967 cars and all cars went to collapsing columns. Well Chrysler changed what they did with the paint also.

I’ve got 5 1967 b-body cars here and many extra columns with original dash and column paint. Plus the dozens I’ve parted out, and the hundreds of junkyard cars I’ve pulled parts out of.

Thanks may have it in the car, but I question the originality. Because GG1 was never an interior paint color for 1967 B-bodies. What it the interior trim code. For this car? Green interior wasn’t available 1967 GTX.
Thanks for the correction, my 67 GTX is GG1 exterior color, white/black interior and your correct the column is the same as the dash, a suede black. I guess I was thinking of my 66 Satellite. The column is where the prophet for the body color was taken. Sorry for the confusion.

Auto Transport Service
Back