• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 GTX reproduction parts swap out

6_7_G_T_X

Local time
1:37 PM
Reaction score
I have a list of things on my bucket list that I want to swap out, they are as follows.
1 Pair of taillight bezels
2 Tail light lens
3 back up light lens
4 Trunk panel trim
5 Dash gage bezel
6 Glove box door
7 GTX emblems on fenders
Couple of questions...
I found all except the lens at Classic Industries, has anyone used them for these parts specifically? and if so was quality and fit acceptable?
One concern, the price on the taillight bezels are $100 less than everyone else??
They all appear to be relatively easy swap outs, are there any quirks or odd procedure I should be aware of? I'm fairly handy but no master mechanic.
Re chroming the bumpers, so I plan on doing this while waiting for them to come back in 7 weeks.
Any useful input on these items and procedures will be greatly appreciated.

In my experience the re-pop parts vary in terms of quality.The fit and finish and overall quality are sometimes not as good as the originals. As far as the glove box door and dash gauge bezel, I have seen the Chinese repops and they differ from the originals in the chrome around edge. It all depends what you are doing with car. It might be a better idea if you are going for a as close to original restoratiion to have a place like Instrument Specialties ( http://www.instrument-specialties.com ) re-chrome and paint your dash cluster bezel and glove box.The 67 gtx repop trunk trim i have seen varied in size from the original and alignment with tail lights was difficult. Maybe others had more posite experiences with the reopops then I did. When removing gauge cluster make sure your battery is disconnected. When replacing trunk trim panel be sure to preserve or replace the 1 inch vinyl tape that goes between deck lid and center back of trim panel.

Auto Transport Service
Back