• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67-ish Air Cleaner, what filter/drop base?

matthon

Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
I have an original 4 barrel air filter I'm putting on a 62 Dart with an Edelbrock and RPM intake.

It hits the hood, I don't want an aftermarket chrome air cleaner, but I'm thinking a cheap one will get me the drop base and be smaller diameter, therefore open at the base since the top would be larger.

The top appears to take a thin 13" air cleaner.

Has anyone dealt with this already and found a drop base and filter that works?

20220104_072942.jpg 20211015_152156.jpg

Mancini sells a drop base in that filter diameter, but it is only the diameter of the filter, so that will leave it open all around the bottom.

air cleaner bases.jpg

Does anyone have the measurements for how far the bottom of the drop base sits below straight edge sitting on top of carb. I am running into similar issues with my 440 on a performer rpm intake. Called Mancini today to ask about the drop base. Apparently I was about the third person today. They did not have an exact measurement for the overall drop. I am trying to use the original cleaner from my 340 but may use the cast mopar performance cleaner with drop base to match valve covers. Super tight fit under Cuda hood. Hopefully this will drop just enough to use one of those instead of swapping to lower profile performer intake. Thanks.

They call it a one inch drop but I believe it measured closer to 3/4. I may have a picture on my work computer.

Auto Transport Service
Back