• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Plymouth Belvedere II Fuel filter

Marcus

Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
Does a 67 Plymouth Belvedere II have a fuel filter in the gas tank as well as before the carb?

Has a sock on the fuel sender. Could be plastic or it could be a mesh type. Other than that the only filter I know of is by the fuel pump up front.

Sort of like this.
artsgeek.com%2Fassets%2Fproducts%2Ffull%2FRD5HMJJS.jpg

Has a sock on the fuel sender. Could be plastic or it could be a mesh type. Other than that the only filter I know of is by the fuel pump up front.

Sort of like this.
View attachment 1314597
Thanks. That wouldn't affect the amount of fuel that gets to the engine would it? Somebody was saying that might be why I'm not getting enough fuel.

The down and dirty way is to put air pressure to the fuel line and blow the sock off. Then you could put a filter in before the pump.

Or... fix it correctly.

I like to run a clear glass filter housing so I can see-

A- if there's adequate fuel being delivered at that point and,

B- if the fuel is rusty, has particles or is otherwise discolored.

I like to run a clear glass filter housing so I can see-

A- if there's adequate fuel being delivered at that point and,

B- if the fuel is rusty, has particles or is otherwise discolored.
I'm going to try and see if the line is clogged later. I'll check to see if there is rust in the fuel when I do. Thanks

Has the tank ever been removed, or does it have the original fuel sender?

Glass filters are easily damaged... Can leave you stranded. I would not put one on a car.

Glass filters are easily damaged... Can leave you stranded. I would not put one on a car.
Never used glass, plastic filters are cheap enough. I bought a cheap suit one time, so there's that :)

I've never had an issue with one in over 30 years.

Auto Transport Service
Back