• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Plymouth Belvedere II Red Paint Code

markcukro

Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone or anyone that can help. I am going to get my car repainted and would like to know the paint code, if possible, and any other tips or considerations you think are important. The original color is red or bright red. 1967 Plymouth Belvedere II.

Someone on FB was kind enough to decipher this but I am not sure what the paint code is and the resto shop said they'd feel better if I could give them a specific paint code. So, is the 27P or 28P the paint color and all they need?

Car line PLYMOUTH Belvedere/Satellite
Price class High
Body type 2 door hardtop
Production date January 05, 1967
Shipping order 05077
Engine 318 2bbl 8cyl 230hp [374/381]
Transmission Transmission-3speed manual column shift [391]
Tires 7.35x14 white 2-4 steel (x5) [433/443]
Axle Axle-2.94:1 (8.75) -OR- 2.93:1 (7.25) [402]
Trim Grade High [32H]
Seat type Bench vinyl split [334]
Trim color Black [34X]
Paint 1 Bright red [27P]
Paint 2 Bright red [28P]
Paint scheme Mono tone paint [291]
Upper door frame paint Black
Radio Radio-AM Music Master/economy 2 W [421]
Glass Glass-tinted widshield only [522]
Lights Light-turn indicator hood/fender mounted [517]

Fender Tag.jpg

My 66 Satellite is PP1 fender tag white circle. Remove as much trim as you can. When mine was painted only windshield trim was on. A hardtop is tougher to remove top trim.
Clean Satellite 6.jpg
tag5.JPG

Last edited:
Well, just an update. I am taking the belvedere to the shop tomorrow to get an estimate for a repaint back to the factory Red original color PP1 bright red so I'll keep everyone posted but so far the mechanical and electrical repairs are all done except for new rims.

Just an update! I should be dropping the Belveder off to get painted soon. The paint and body shop was backed up with cars and asked me to bring it back in a few weeks and that is soon. Can't wait.

Just an update! I should be dropping the Belveder off to get painted soon. The paint and body shop was backed up with cars and asked me to bring it back in a few weeks and that is soon. Can't wait.
That kinda sucks. Tough when sooo close. Sorry for the negative vibes!

Auto Transport Service
Back