• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Satellite Trim

Jerry Hall

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
Who restores 67 Satellite aluminum side trim. I called a place I found on the web, and sent pictures of a 67 Satellite with the trim for reference. I got a response today which seems unreasonable. They say $3000 minimum to clean, do any straightening, and polish. Then another $150 for each piece to reanodize. This entails 14 pieces, so another $2100. Anyone else think $5100 minimum for this work is unreasonable? If someone knows of people doing this type work for a reasonable price, please post your reference. I can't undo, my decision to keep the trim, as body and paint are done, and all attaching holes are still there.
20230419_164559.jpg

Picture for reference of the trim.

Yikes ....might have to sell me some parts to afford that Jerry :lol:

Oof...that seems awfully expensive, but then again it's a lot of work to restore that trim and there is a lot of it. I know spent well over a hundred hours polishing the stainless on mine - that's probably $1-2k at today's shop rates. The only aluminum trim I "restored" was the hood lip trim. It was a lot of work and I didn't get out all of the nicks nor did I re-anodize it - polished it, sprayed over the argent with black paint and gave it a good coat of clear.

I've never attempted to redo any of the body-side trim. Fortunately, most of mine is in decent shape, but it's not perfect. I've picked up a lot of spare pieces over the years, but I don't think I've ever found any nicer than what's already on the car.

I kick myself for under-bidding on a complete set that was on eBay years ago that looked mint. Supposedly it had been taken off the car early in it's life and stored away.

For reference. Polishing of the stainless trim on my Bee (front and rear glass trim, roof rail trim, post stainless, etc) and rechroming my vent frames, glass holders, rear flip out window latches and rear bumper ($1400 of it) was $5600 Canuck bucks in 2017.

I spent approximatlely 50 hours doing each of my tail panel and grill with polish and repaint. Tail panel was lye stripped first and then sanded and polished, no reanodization. Grill cleaned up, sanded and polished as needed and painted to OE look. 100 hours at $75/hr gets expensive...

I know getting stuff anodized here in town is pretty reasonable. It’s nearly the same price for one item as it is 10. I’d buy myself a buffer wheel and learn before paying 5100$ my time is free.

About 5 years ago a friend paid almost 4500 to redo all the brightwork on a 64 Sport Fury... it sure was pretty when it was done tho!
I thought that was a lot then, and would be more than your quote when adjusted for inflation. VERY labour intensive AND they run a risk of ruining a part, especially with long thin pieces like side mouldings. Lotta money, but looks about in line for a quality job from my limited knowledge...and my opinion is worth exactly what it costs ya!

Who restores 67 Satellite aluminum side trim. I called a place I found on the web, and sent pictures of a 67 Satellite with the trim for reference. I got a response today which seems unreasonable. They say $3000 minimum to clean, do any straightening, and polish. Then another $150 for each piece to reanodize. This entails 14 pieces, so another $2100. Anyone else think $5100 minimum for this work is unreasonable? If someone knows of people doing this type work for a reasonable price, please post your reference. I can't undo, my decision to keep the trim, as body and paint are done, and all attaching holes are still there. View attachment 1453236
Picture for reference of the trim.
Total ripoff, and they would take six months to a year to complete it, you know, "backlog"

Auto Transport Service
Back