• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68-70 original exhaust tips?

Yennes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:11 PM
Reaction score
Hi fbbo

Can someone tell me from the pictures if these are original for a 68 charger RT?

They are chromed, not stainless steel.

IMG_6149.jpeg

IMG_6148.jpeg

IMG_6147.jpeg

IMG_6146.jpeg

hard to tell in the pics, the originals would have the mounting bracket (L bracket) inserted thru a slot in the tip and spot welded together. these could have been welded at some point. who knows at this point?

Those appear to be originals, other than the weld on the bracket. I have an NOS set, but I am not at home to open the boxes and photograph. The originals are chrome plated steel, NOT stainless. I purchased these over 40 years from the Dodge dealer, so the "provenance" is genuine.

Those appear to be originals, other than the weld on the bracket. I have an NOS set, but I am not at home to open the boxes and photograph. The originals are chrome plated steel, NOT stainless. I purchased these over 40 years from the Dodge dealer, so the "provenance" is genuine.
Would be nice if you can share pictures of them. Can you measure the length and post it?

Would be nice if you can share pictures of them. Can you measure the length and post it?
As I said in my previous post, I am away from home for a bit. I may be able to get some photos in 2-3 weeks.

Maybe it's my old eyes but it looks like the part of the tip that connects to the tail pipe has been cut-off and a new larger pipe was welded on????

Auto Transport Service
Back