• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68-70 ralley dash clock

MannyK

Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
Have a non working 68-70 ralley dash clock and am considering converting it to quartz.
Has anyone done this before was there much to it ?
Does the clock come apart without much difficulty?

Thanks.

C27C683C-75BE-46CB-92D4-26430CF68B8D.jpeg

I had a local Auto Instrument shop convert mine. The shop will have all the parts without the hassle of messing it up yourself.

Some jobs are best left to the experts.

If the relay inside works, you're halfway to getting it fixed yourself. Cleaning it carefully and adding neetsfoot oil to the jewels with a toothpick gave me a clock that keeps time in my Charger. But, as Kiwi alluded, there are some metal tabs and odd fasteners inside that are unforgiving.

T
If the relay inside works, you're halfway to getting it fixed yourself. Cleaning it carefully and adding neetsfoot oil to the jewels with a toothpick gave me a clock that keeps time in my Charger. But, as Kiwi alluded, there are some metal tabs and odd fasteners inside that are unforgiving.
Thanks, that’s excellent info.

did my clock on my tic toc tac and wished I sent it out. It worked but it was a PITA Never again

I had a local Auto Instrument shop convert mine. The shop will have all the parts without the hassle of messing it up yourself.

Some jobs are best left to the experts.
Yep. They did mine too (tic toc tack) Even at that the parts they get in might work, might not. They have had trouble with their supplier. They test before sending it to you tho, and according to them if it works, it works (parts they receive are either good or bad). Definitely the way to go and not have the hassle of dealing with any bad parts purchased on your own.

A standard clock is an easy DIY project, but I've never tackled the clock in the clock/tach combo.

A standard clock is an easy DIY project, but I've never tackled the clock in the clock/tach combo.
I had to tweak my tach after the shop fixed the clock.....you can rotate the tach body a small amount to effect some calibration. It worked for me at least.....it was almost as accurate as a modern tach.....until after 6500.....

Auto Transport Service
Back