• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 big block b-body headers fit a 65 big block b-body?

they hit when we tried some on my 65. ended up buying hookers. wallet sooooo thin i could not even feel it when i set down. they will fit if you swap in a 66 up k member though.

Motor mounts I believe 1.5" forward than 66 and newer. Threads said Max Wedge racers used later K members to move engine back. Keep that in mind.

I was looking through the summit catalog and Dougs lists the same part number for B-Bodies 62-73

Most '66 & later headers don't fit the '65. Some may. Maybe Dougs figured out how to correct for the difference.

fran blacker, you are correct. the 66 up k changed the frt/rr weight % to almost 50/50, i think, iirc. with 65 k, you can take trans bellhousing bolts out with little to no problem. putting the 66 up k in, now you have to drop the trans slightly or drill holes in the fire wall. i was neat the way the old s/s racers played with weight ratio.

Auto Transport Service
Back