• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger ad

Mike Szadaj

Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
I figured all you 1968 Charger guys would appreciate this. From a 1968 Detroit Tigers scorebook. It’s hard to believe that the MSRP on the charger went down from 67 to 68

IMG_2888.jpeg

That’s awesome! In the same spirit I have these in my collection.
View attachment 1640452View attachment 1640453
Those of you that are not from the Detroit area would not know this, but the phrase “sock it to em Tigers“ was huge here during that time. So for the ad, they changed it to beep beep it to em Tigers. I may be wrong about this, but I think it was started by a local TV news sportscaster

The Tigers defeated the Cardinals 4 games to 3 in the 1968 World Series . . .

The Tigers defeated the Cardinals 4 games to 3 in the 1968 World Series . . .
It was my first year in high school. Got out of class around 1pm and ran the mile back home to watch the weekday games. Fantastic series with the Tigers becoming the very first team to win the series after being down 3 games to 1. Last time a pitcher (and quite probably the absolutely last time) a pitcher won 30 games. In one of the boldest moves ever in a world series, manager Mayo Smith replaced light hitting shortstop Ray Oyler with center fielder Mickey Stanley, who had never played at short in the majors. It worked fantastic with Stanley getting some timely hits and making every play at short without an error. It also helped to bring the city back together after race riots tore it apart.

Auto Transport Service
Back