• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 charger Brake drums and stud removal Continuation

Stingerdorian

Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
Included are the pictures of what I’m up against. Ok so the advice you guys have been giving has been spot on balls accurate. With that said here’s the next obstacle. So my driver side front drum popped of really easy. The studs all came out with no problem. Just tapped them out with a hammer.
Not so with the passenger side front drum. One of the studs is broken and seems to be stuck in there. I have about a 3/16 to a 1/4 inch play on that stud but that’s it it won’t pop out. Any thoughts on what might be going on? Why it’s doing that, just moving a little but not popping out. As always thanks again. The
The first two pics are the driver side drum. Second set of pics is the passenger
C8B51292-52DD-4FF1-A293-F9D441C19305.jpeg F6F1C5C7-2904-43CC-BE6F-F61A1A1C86D3.jpeg 92FC5293-417A-4877-BEED-0E5C65F49E16.jpeg A9F49449-5D0B-4642-8389-60209DC3D1C1.jpeg

They are swedged in. You need to cut the swedge.

If you want to cut drum off hub this cutter and you need the arbor and remove drill from arbor.
D9.JPG

Honestly, the stud is already trashed, you don't need a swedge cutter, just use your 4.5" grinder & grind the remaining stud down to the face of the drum... Don't dig into the drum but cut away the stud till the swedge areas are gone..

Hey thank you so much! That grinding off did the trick. Would you know why the other drum wasn’t like that? Either way if I could buy you a beer I’d say cheers and drink up!

Likely the other drum was replaced, the studs got replaced at the same time & the new studs didn't get swaged

Auto Transport Service
Back