• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 charger indicators????

benno440

Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
Hi just done all new wiring throughout my 68 charger, i am not sure if i have done this right, but the 4 side marker lights on the 4 corners of the car (the little round ones) are these indicators as well or just clearance lights? and also the 2 big lights on the lower front valance are these driving lights or indicators, i have currently set them up to be indicators and the 4 side lights to just be marker lights, but i am not sure what the factory made them to be.

i have seen many videos where all the lights are just driving lights and marker lights if this is the way wheres the front indicators, so confused.

Hi just done all new wiring throughout my 68 charger, i am not sure if i have done this right, but the 4 side marker lights on the 4 corners of the car (the little round ones) are these indicators as well or just clearance lights? and also the 2 big lights on the lower front valance are these driving lights or indicators, i have currently set them up to be indicators and the 4 side lights to just be marker lights, but i am not sure what the factory made them to be.

i have seen many videos where all the lights are just driving lights and marker lights if this is the way wheres the front indicators, so confused.

Hello. The little round lights on the side are on all the time when your parking lights are on and are not directionals. The lights down low on the bumper are directionals and parking lights.

ahh thanks, ive only got them as directionals at the moment

If I remember my numbers correctly, the fronts are an 1157 for a yellow lens, and an 1157-NA for a clear lens. The bulb is a dual element directional/park lamp. The NA will be a yellow bulb, and the standard 1157 will be clear.

benno440---Dave is wrong..The bumper lights are turns only..Although,years ago when my electrons were working faster, I changed over to 1157 bulb and made mine turns & parking lights..Back in '68 you didn't need any kind of parking light in the frt. end like the current laws are. Hope this helps. '69's may well be park & turn, not surer.

benno440--Got to rethinking the light question- bumper lights were also parking lights with the 1st click of light switch. They went out when hdlights were turned on. That's what I meant about rewiring them; mine stayed on with the headlights. Sorry about that.Jeff

benno440--Got to rethinking the light question- bumper lights were also parking lights with the 1st click of light switch. They went out when hdlights were turned on. That's what I meant about rewiring them; mine stayed on with the headlights. Sorry about that.Jeff
Interesting! I thought my '68 RR had a wiring problem. So you're saying when the headlights are on the front bumper parking lights go out? That's what mine does. Also, when I try to put high beams on via the floor switch, my headlights go out completely, any fix for that?

Auto Transport Service
Back