• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger R/T Clone For Sale on Ebay

The Rebel

Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
Anyone ever buy from this guy? Tried sending a message to him but looks like you cant??

Other than it being a clone and looks like something's going on with the heater core, do you see any other issues.

I like the car as it has everything I'm looking for and the price is so much better than the 50K range for R/T's looking to get some feedback / input but if I can't reach the guy definitely not going to put a bid on it, especially w/o an inspection.

Thanks in advance,
Roger

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charg...4b3585c2:g:SwEAAOSwxg5Xxyog&item=331974280642

It's letting me send a message, what do you want to ask him/her?

Thanks! Can you ask what is going on with the heater core, engine date is it a 68/69 or later.

It's letting me send a message, what do you want to ask him/her?

Here's his response;

New message from: buyemallbill (183
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)

Can't see the head casting #s, but the block is #2806178 with casting date 9.5.67, so possibly date correct?
Heater core must have been leaking as it's been bypassed. Thanks.

Thanks Carnut! Based on the response I guess this guy is a reseller and not the owner. I'm very wary of eBay scams especially for an auction as they may be looking to make a fast buck & disappear.

The whole clone / tribute thing I'm not totally sold on especially if I take it to a car show as I don't want to be the guy that gets pointed out as a fake even if I disclaim it as a clone.

Thanks Carnut! Based on the response I guess this guy is a reseller and not the owner. I'm very wary of eBay scams especially for an auction as they may be looking to make a fast buck & disappear.

The whole clone / tribute thing I'm not totally sold on especially if I take it to a car show as I don't want to be the guy that gets pointed out as a fake even if I disclaim it as a clone.
roger, good things come to those who waits,take your time,its coming.

Thanks! Hard to walk away from this one as it's the color I'm looking for, bucket seats & console & engine size BUT no idea what others things may be going on with it. Thanks for all of everyone's help / input.

roger, good things come to those who waits,take your time,its coming.

Too bad it's too far from me, 200 miles or I would check it for you.

Someone asked how many tires come with it, he didn't know off the bat, your right he's a reseller.

Last edited:
Perhaps you buy 4 tires & get the 5th one free, LOL!

Too bad it's too far from
me, 200 miles or I would check it for you.

Someone asked how many tires come with it, he didn't know off the bat, your right he's a reseller.

The battery cable ends tell me everything I need to know.

I was finally able to send a message to the seller. Too bad as this was everything I was looking for but not the headaches this might cause....

I don't know what the original color ws as the fender tag is missing.
It was a 318 car, but the 440 runs strong (very) though I know nothing about it other than it must be low mileage or recently rebuilt.
No rust, it's a Nevada car that doesn't seem to have had any replacement panels.
Trans appears to be a the 727 HD type for the 440 engine.
Thanks.

As I continue to learn more based on his email the # I believe he is referring to is actually the intake manifold # used on a 440 & NOT the block correct? I'm a HUGE history buff (see this post http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/my-other-hobbies.117445/#post-910508462) so I love to do research and learn new things. When I get into a new hobby I jump BOTH feet in and don't look back!

New message from: buyemallbill (183)
Can't see the head casting #s, but the block is #2806178 with casting date 9.5.67, so possibly date correct?
Heater core must have been leaking as it's been bypassed. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

Hey all. I want to use this car as a guide for things for me to look out for. The seller claims it's a 440 but someone has pointed out the engine is painted the wrong color. Were 440's ever painted turquoise at the factory in 67/68? Would it be turquoise b/c it had ac due to lower HP? For a 383 I've learned some were painted turquoise if it had ac due to lower HP and a milder cam. If the car was non-ac then it would be orange to show it was higher HP.

Also I'm sure this is a dumb question but I'm asking anyhow, LOL! If you wanted to verify what size the engine truly is I'm guessing you need to look at all of the casting #'s on the block, heads, in take manifold. If someone was trying to pass a 383 off as a 440 I'm assuming you couldn't fit a 440 intake manifold onto a 383 to fool someone could you?

Auto Transport Service
Back