• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Coronet 440 (RT Clone) For Sale or Trade $9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnumminded

Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a 68 Dodge Coronet 440 model 2 door hardtop with the original 318 and 904 transmission along with the 8.75 axle and a 741 case 2.76 rear gear. Manual Steering and Brakes non A/C.

The previous owner in the 1990s put all new suspension in the car which includes new HD Leaf Springs and all PST components with bigger torsion bars and beefy front and rear sway bars that all rides on KYB Gas Shocks.
Last year I took off the slot wheels and installed Cragar Eliminator 500 Polished (non-chrome wheels) 15x7 front and 15x8 rear on Mickey Thompson Radials. The car drives very well and tight.

The 318 runs good and holds good compression but, uses a little oil and leaks at the rear main seal some. The 318 has Summit K6900 cam installed and timing chain, Summit Headers, Edelbrock Performer Intake with an electric choke 1406 600 cfm carburetor. Also, has a MP Performance Ignition sold by Mancini Racing and Firecore 50 wires and NGK plugs.

The car has a newer exhaust system and I had Dynomax Ultraflo mufflers installed. I also have the amp gauge converted to a volt setup by Redline Gauge Works and I am waiting on a IVR from RTE for the car as we speak. A CD player was installed under dash and works well. The interior is in nice shape and the seats have been recovered a few years ago. I installed new door arm rest pads and bases on the car. Everything works except the temperature gauge because I don't sending unti hooked up.

The best way to describe this car is a nice 20 footer or #3 driver. The floors are very solid and the body is decent with some bubbling and a hole in the front 1/4 in front of the wheel. The car has its original vinyl top and I would suggest a replacement or you can leave as is. To my knowledge only repaint has been done on the car as it was originally SS1 Yellow. The only other thing bad thing I can think of is that is does leak around the rear window. I have a folder full of receipts and paperwork on the car. I also have a 150 mph speedometer for the car that needs works. I do have the RT tail lights and tail panel installed but, needs the holes where the 440 trim was installed which I have along with the original tail lights. Car is located in North Central Indiana.

Other than these flaws and the way it has fought me I love the car but, I am looking for something a little nicer. Fly in and drive home. Also, I would consider a 71-74 Charger/RR/Satellite with 340/360 or big block as a trade.

Last edited:
Photo720.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2287-1.jpg

100_2810.jpg

100_2809.jpg

100_2813.jpg

Last edited:
Floors and Driving Video:

frame1.jpg

interior2.jpg

Last edited:
Just bumping back to to the top and letting folks know I also have a 74 400 2bbl/727 to go with the car. The engine was pulled from a running 74 Newport. I also have a PS box to go with the car as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back