• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 coronet rear bumper brackets

vsj100

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Hello Helpers!
I am trying to mount the rear bumper to a 1968 Dodge Coronet. I bought a pair of original brackets and the bumper from Summit. The bracket upper 2 mount holes do not reach the mating holes in the bumper. The lower holes are fine.
The bumper measures 19.5" between holes and the brackets measure 18.5 and are about 2 inches lower than the bumper. It's like it needs a clip. Help please.
Scott

I ran into a rechromed rear bumper with holes like you describe...... I modified the brackets to make it work, but I should have shoved the bumper up someone's ***........ not sure what you have going on, but bumper and bracket install should be a piece of cake; in my case it was an all day event, maybe a day and a half :cursin::cursin::cursin:

Good (hard) work. My brackets are actually for a 67. Ad was wrong. I'll get it sorted.

Auto Transport Service
Back