• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 GTX Auto 3 wire neutral safety switch wire routing

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out where the wiring loom that comes out of the bulkhead connector with the wires for the neutral safety switch goes?
If someone has a pic of where it goes down the firewall and back to the clip on the one tail shaft bolt. I tried to find some pics but failed.
Thanks!

The 3 wire NSS came out in 68?

I have no idea, but my unmolested 68 has one! My car also had the 14" wheels with
trim rings. Build date was middle of June. Who knows what they did at the factory!

I have no idea, but my unmolested 68 has one! My car also had the 14" wheels with
trim rings. Build date was middle of June. Who knows what they did at the factory!
Fair enough, then you must not have the reverse switch on the shifter. Console I assume.

I don’t know what years this applies to, but here’s how the wiring harness will be routed when my ‘69 goes back together…

1A87BEBA-3B56-4CB1-A352-ED2FE97D1634.jpeg

I have an FSM and looked through every page and couldn't find that! Thanks!

You made me go look in the manual...
There are no signs of the new 3 pin NSS.
man many many old dodges out there with the wrong switch in them from tranny swaps etc

Do you have a console.
Is there a switch mounted to the side of the shifter. ( under the lid of course)

Yes I have a console, but I took this car apart many years ago and do not have the original shifter.
Again, the wiring is original that came with the car from the womb.

Yes I have a console, but I took this car apart many years ago and do not have the original shifter.
Again, the wiring is original that came with the car from the womb.
Just thinking out loud, if it doesn't have the original shifter, than someone would have to put in the 3 pin switch to run the reverse lights.

I did alot of stupid things as a kid, but I wouldn't still have the car if I didn't take it apart back then!

Auto Transport Service
Back