• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 R/T

wagonman

Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Saw this today. Local Guy now living in Australia bringing back with him. At a local tire shop Left Hand Threads Ya Dummies. Saved the day with seconds to spare, good thing they were using a worn out impact.

IMG_1535.JPG

IMG_1536.JPG

IMG_1537.JPG

When I refreshed the X I changed them all to right hand - not for me but for the later legacy of the owners - cause I figured no one past us would know that little idiosyncrasy and didn't them to get their nuts in a wringer by busting them all off/up trying to remove.

At least us Old Guys are good for some things. Talking with the owner and it still has the factory 11 in drums. He says importing the car is a PITA as anything with asbestos is a big nono. Among other things like R-12. He wants to do some kind of retro fit to the A/C from like Vintage Air or ? I think you can do a 134 kit and call it good add a pressure cycling sw and so forth. He is in a time crunch and the guy he is going to use is busy. I offered to help but we shall see how it pans out.

When I was a kid I was helping my step brother put two tires on my parents 70 Charger R/T SE. He said you take the left wheel I will take the right,and brake the lugs loose,lets see who can do it faster. He knew about the left handed threads,I had no idea. I struggled,while he got his side broken loose in no time. Then he came over and busted my *** that he won and I couldn't break any of mine loose. Then he grabbed the lug wrench and broke them loose in no time on the left side,I ran over before he had the last one loose and saw him spinning the wrench the other way and taking the lugs right off. That's how I learned about the left handed threaded lugnuts. He laughed and laughed about it!

2q4324.sized.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back