• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger Door Latch Mechanism

Lngbrdz

Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a clear picture of how all the linkages and rods connect and which clips are used and where?

Link from latch to interior door handle.

Link from latch to interior door lock pull.

Link from latch to exterior door handle.

Link from latch to door exterior door lock.

Thanks,
Kevin

68 Coronet.. but it should be the same.
20190801_122254.jpg
IMG_1864.JPG
IMG_1890.JPG

You may want to invest in backing plates for the door handle too... just to add a little stability to your door pull. Hope all these help. :)

20201017_111916.jpg

Working through this on my 68' Coronet this weekend. Adding this hoping it will help others. Thanks for the previous threads. One of the hardest parts to see is my image 8292 becuase I have my window glass installed. The picture 8292 may be slightly turned as I had to get my phone camera in a crazy position. This tooth (A) cannot be sitting in front of (B) or the black push button will continue to pop back up. (A) must be able to get on top of (B). It is the movement of (B) jamming against (A) (like in picture) that allows the outside chrome door latch button to be pushed from the outside when locked, without allowing the door to open. The primary connecting arm must be checked (disconnected) to ensure it is allowing the mechanism it attaches to, to FULLY lower (B) so that (A) can get/sit on top of (B). My connecting rod was not allowing the mechanism to fully lower so I filed out a slight elongation to the lower hole in the rod. Now all is well.

IMG_8284 edited.jpg

IMG_8289.JPG

IMG_8292 edited.jpg

You may want to invest in backing plates for the door handle too... just to add a little stability to your door pull. Hope all these help. :)
Hilljack 68, Did you make those plates?

Does anyone know which years/models of latches and hardware are interchangeable with the 69 Charger?

Auto Transport Service
Back