• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Road Runer resto

dvader

Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
I am working on a 69 Road Runner. It is stock with all matching numbers except the engine which is a 71 383. Would it be worth my time to build a motor that is dated 69 for my car. I can get a 69 HP block for $400 and rebuild it but I am not sure it is worth the effort and money. The 71 in my car runs strong and does not burn any oil. Thx for your for your opinions.

It will never be numbers matching so it really doesn't matter. If you were to sell it, some people would prefer the date correct engine, but most would look at it as not matching anyway. I would build the '71 if it's a good engine. But that's just me!

I'm with gdrill. I don't see the point in going through the effort and expense to put in another engine that's not going to be numbers matching in any case. If you have a good motor in it - stick with it.

Thx for your thoughts. That was kind of how I was leaning too but I was interested in what others rhought. Thanks again!

I don't have the original block to my car but I would like to find a warranty block. That's about as close as you'll ever come to numbers matching.

Auto Transport Service
Back