• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 Road Runner headlight bezel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bird 426

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
Okay guys, been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out why my recently purchased '69 Road Runner has two different headlight bezels on it. One has a shield on it where it meets the grill, so that you can not see the back of the headlight bucket. The other side has no shield. OER 's replacement does not have the shield. Further study, I found a GTX picture, looks like I found my answer, the GTX grille is different, and covers that area. So, where can I buy a new matching set for a Road Runner? I only need a passenger side, but would like them to match.
First picture has the shield, second picture on car, no shield.

20231030_120809.jpg

20231030_120752.jpg

that is the wrong one i will check i think i have a passenger side one i will let you know

We have a WantToBuy section.... works great! Different trim packages got different parts and detail colours.

Okay guys, been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out why my recently purchased '69 Road Runner has two different headlight bezels on it. One has a shield on it where it meets the grill, so that you can not see the back of the headlight bucket. The other side has no shield. OER 's replacement does not have the shield. Further study, I found a GTX picture, looks like I found my answer, the GTX grille is different, and covers that area. So, where can I buy a new matching set for a Road Runner? I only need a passenger side, but would like them to match.
First picture has the shield, second picture on car, no shield.

View attachment 1548325

View attachment 1548326

My 69 Satellite is open like that on the passenger side. It's always bugged me. I figured someone just cut it out for some reason.

i looked i have a passenger side for a road runner

Bitchy. Maybe I did not word it quite right, I was actually looking for advice for a vendor. Pictures of this part up on the internet are difficult to identify. Was hoping that someone had gone through this issue already. I will contact mrb by pm .
Thanks to all others for your replies !

Bitchy. Maybe I did not word it quite right, I was actually looking for advice for a vendor. Pictures of this part up on the internet are difficult to identify. Was hoping that someone had gone through this issue already. I will contact mrb by pm .
Thanks to all others for your replies !
You worded it right. No problems there. I have issues with members that jump in these threads and try to sell you something you didn't ask for. THat's what sale threads are for.

i was just trying to help the guy out i have a extra one so why not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back