• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 RT 440-4spd: 90% cruise/street & 10% 1/4 mile track- change to SS springs..?

Pacey

Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
or keep the Mopar Performance HD springs on there? The shocks are shot as well. What are the highest quality shocks (front and back) I can install on here? Should I switch to Super Stock Springs in the rear or keep the Mopar Performance HD springs out back? I want to be able to hook well.

What tires are on the rear to hook well at the track?

I haven't bought rear tires yet, will do either 275/60/15s or 295/50/15s, whichever will hook better.

What kind of street driving, just to cruise ins and ice cream? Ever get caught in rain? How many miles per year?

Granted my experience is only with A Bodies, but it’s the only springs I run and the car is 100% street. Never felt they were too harsh or noticed any issues with them with thousands of street and highway miles.

Granted my experience is only with A Bodies, but it’s the only springs I run and the car is 100% street. Never felt they were too harsh or noticed any issues with them with thousands of street and highway miles.
What springs?

Ok, not drag radials then with that mileage. Open to 17's or 18's?

I was watching Uncle Tony's Garage on leaf springs. And he mentioned Dave Dudek a well known F.A.S.T racer where he uses factory leaf springs, and what he does is add more clamps to the front segment of of the springs and removes the rear clamps so the springs fan out. Which would allow better traction.

I was watching Uncle Tony's Garage on leaf springs. And he mentioned Dave Dudek a well known F.A.S.T racer where he uses factory leaf springs, and what he does is add more clamps to the front segment of of the springs and removes the rear clamps so the springs fan out. Which would allow better traction.
"He uses springs that visually appear as factory, as per the class rules "
Fixed.

You can bet those are anything but factory springs on Dudek‘s car. 9.63 @ 144 on G60-15’s
Yeah right. LOL

And how much does it weigh? 4000lbs? There’s a full cage inside.

You can bet those are anything but factory springs on Dudek‘s car. 9.63 @ 144 on G60-15’s
Yeah right. LOL

And how much does it weigh? 4000lbs? There’s a full cage inside.
Those fully scienced out race cars will meet min weight requirements, probably 3550 or something with about 400 of those pounds in the rear framerails.

Auto Transport Service
Back