• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Sport Satellite tail light bezel options?

uk-maxie

Local time
10:04 AM
Reaction score
Hi all

After 31 years of ownership we're looking at replacing the tail light bezels on our 69 Sport Satellite. Restoring the originals is a nice idea but the driver side bezel has a nasty dent on the top edge, which has been there since we've had the car. There's the usual amount of pitting too, so now we've replaced the trunk finish panel with a much better NOS item, the bezels are letting the side down.

I've seen a few aftermarket suppliers sell repro parts but can anyone advise whether any of these parts are a good fit or whether the finish is correct? I can imagine with the different finishes there's plenty of scope for.... disappointment!

Any advice gratefully received!

In my opinion, and it's only my opinion, I would look for a good original set of bezels to restore or use as is -- I've never had as much luck with repro parts as I've had with originals. You may get lucky, but nothing fits as good as what it came down the line with. Good luck from a fellow '69 Sport Satellite owner.

I just finished up my restoration of my 69 Sport Satellite. I reused my originals and will send them out during the winter. I agree 100% with what 69SportSatellite said above. I have seen many originals for sale on E-bay. Best of luck!

Thanks for the replies.
So if we did choose to restore some originals, does anyone know what to use to reproduce the textured silver finish?

Auto Transport Service
Back