• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Super Bee

Jaye Marshall

Local time
1:03 AM
Reaction score
I haven't visited for B bodies only for awhile, and for some reason it is not letting me view classified ads. It wants me to create a thread? I'm old and have no memory, so you young guys help me out! I recently purchased a 1969 super bee, with a 383 factory motor and automatic on the column. I want to replace the stock 383 with a larger HP crate engine. Say, 600+ HP. Any suggestions? Sill a 400 lo deck, or a 440 RB bolt up to my 383 motor mounts? Also, the kickdown linkage does not seem to work properly. The car seems to shift firmly, goes into high gear a little prematurely, I think, and will not downshift when you floor it. I have adjusted the kickdown linkage, and it makes no difference whatsoever in when the tranny shifts.

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

maybe start another thread in the Engine Trans & driveline
forum section here
or possibly even the General discussion sections
this is just the welcome wagon
not really intended for Q&A tech stuff
more of a get to know each other share a couple of photos & stories etc.

far more viewers (help/knowledge) in the other sections too

good luck

Welcome.
Yes, your motor mounts will work with the crate engine you choose. LA or Hemi would require different mounts.
Are you adjusting your kickdown according to the Factory Service Manual? Would you be able to post pictures?

Welcome aboard from Ohio. See above for trans adjustment.

Auto Transport Service
Back