• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'70 GTX fuel line and vapour return line routing

monroegtx

Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
Hi all. Does any one have any pictures on the fuel line routing from front to back on a '70 b body. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures when I took mine off and I want to make sure I route it through the correct holes and over and under where its supposed to go. Any photos or referalls to diagrams or sites would be much appreciated. Cheers.

This is from a 68 Super Bee with 440 lines installed

Attachments

• Pictures 059.jpg
    Pictures 059.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 5,047
thanks beezee, this is the kind of thing I'm looking for. Cheers.

Thank you, a good photo.

I have a '70 GTX with the 440/6 engine. My lines are currently routed the same way.

I bought some correct replacement lines from Summit. The replacement main gas line, 3/8, is just like what's now in the car and in your photo above. BUT, the smaller vapor line is no where near like the line in the car - it's very different in shape from the main 3/8 gas line.

Does the vapor line follow a different route in the GTX 440/6?

Last edited:
Where does the vapor line from the fuel separator go to at the rear?
I can copy some of the fuel system pages out of the service manual. May or may not help. PM me with your e-mail address if interested.

Thanks but I have the service manuals and they do not show the actual termination point (non canister car).

Where does the vapor line from the fuel separator go to at the rear?
Hi Dr Hemi, here's a photo I just took at the tank to show you where it ends up. Mine followed the fuel line all the way down and attachs next to it at the sender unit. Sorry it's not a great photo but I haven't got the car up at the moment.
vapour line to tank.jpg:VB toast:

Auto Transport Service
Back