• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Satellite driver door won’t lock. Help!

scott petroff

Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
It appears that there maybe be a rod from the door lock cylinder to the assembly that is missing. Anyone have a good website on a replacement with the clips? When I lock the door with it open, I close it and it unlocks.

A47AA8B6-9B51-47FA-A9DC-CB206DC9E6D4.jpeg

Are you using the key? My 69 Charger does the same thing. It won't lock unless I use the key.

Maybe it's broken but it makes it very difficult to lock the keys in the car.

The Roadrunner is the same way. You have to lock the doors with the key. Otherwise you can end up locking the keys in the car. Not sure if I messed up when installing the door inside parts but it seems to be a good thing.

Are you using the key? My 69 Charger does the same thing. It won't lock unless I use the key.

Maybe it's broken but it makes it very difficult to lock the keys in the car.
I’ve tried the key but it won’t lock. If you look at the picture I posted, the door lock cylinder has nothing it’s connected too. I believe it should connect to the lock assembly.

I’ve tried the key but it won’t lock. If you look at the picture I posted, the door lock cylinder has nothing it’s connected too. I believe it should connect to the lock assembly.

Post a message saying you WTB these rods. See what happens.

FYI - if you get into a pinch, you can make one of those rods out of a coat hanger or a similar rod from another car by bending it. I ran mine like that for years on one door....but the factory rod is MUCH easier

FYI - if you get into a pinch, you can make one of those rods out of a coat hanger or a similar rod from another car by bending it. I ran mine like that for years on one door....but the factory rod is MUCH easier
Thank you! I found the rods but don’t know what the clips look like. Classic industries didn’t know. Does anyone know? I just need a picture. Been researching this for days.

I think they're designed like that - so you can't (easily) lock your keys in the car. Push the lock-knob down, hold the door-handle-button "IN" while you close the door - I believe it should stay locked, then. So you have to make a conscious effort......

M

PS: you may still be missing parts or something

Auto Transport Service
Back