• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger w/5.7 AC system (question)

I finally have begun work on my 71 Charger and am once again thinking about the heater and AC system. I have looked at all the major AC players (Vintage, Classic, Original, etc) and have yet to reach any type of conclusion. I'd like an entirely new system but then there is the control panel issue, meaning I'd like something that looks somewhat stock. I could rebuild my heater box and use the stock stuff but I have no idea how well or not any of that works or will work plus I have to pull vacuum from someplace off the G3 Hemi I'd assume to make the factory switch work. Additionally an aftermarket system would provide a much smaller box which would be nice.

I'd appreciate any input on this issue should anyone have any.

I'm guessing I said it in here before, I have 1 of each - full oem, OEM with sandan and new condenser, and complete Classic. The classic works far better in my cars at least, heat and air. I've put a new motor in my fury and driven it off a relay to get direct power and still very unhappy with fan speed vs modern stuff

Auto Transport Service
Back