• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'71 Road Runner $13,950 Craigs List San Diego (not mine)

Dibbons

Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
No drive train. Reasonable if not a scam?

1971 plymouth road runner for sale by owner - San Diego, CA - craigslist

Screen Shot 2023-10-02 at 12.05.06 AM.png

Dontcha know the primer is 1 stage, lol!

For example Pearl White is a 3 stage or Tri Coat. Basecoat, mid coat (pearl) and clear. Now on this car I don't see any 3rd stage from the pictures.

Her we go again another car with no motor. Where are all the parts and what kind of shape are they in. Trying to find interior parts can be a pain if you don't have all of them. I paid dearly for the upper inner trim above the mirror in my runner as well for the door panels and other parts that were not there or just in bad shape. Would need more info on what you're getting.

"No time to finish" after spending hours sanding? I doubt it. Most likely "I know what a POS this is under the shiny paint and don't want to waste any more time on it".
Still If I was close I'd have to look at it in spite of the Pulitzer ad.

Hell, you can buy tiny pieces of dash trim for $150. Right here on this site! Buy a finished car.

There is such a thing as 3-stage finish, yes even a 4-stage. You can have a base coat, mid-coat, and clearcoat (as in a "pearl") for a 3-stage. You can also have a tinted primer coat finish as well. Nevertheless, THAT car don't look like either.

Isn't 3 stage paint, like 'Candy' paints ?

You'd have to call and find out if anything at all such as interior, bumpers, grille, lights, engine compartment accessories, HVAC, lenses, glass, window regulators, trim, and wiring can be included. Is the VIN a RR, and is it intact? etc. etc. etc. x a million more details. Lots of questions beyond just if the body work was done right before you could call this a deal... but it sure is shiney!

So mine must be three stage or more. Put epoxy primer on the car. Then base coat. Then added mini royal blue flake in a color blender. Then a coat of color blender to seal it. Finaly three coats of clear. That would make it four coats. lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back