• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Roadrunner

JohnnyBgood71

Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
I am building a 71 Roadrunner with an 8 3/4 rear end. I want to know from this group what rally wheels and tires are the biggest without any chance of rubbing. I have installed superstore springs.

I see you're from NY. Whatever folks advise you will work, be sure your quarter panels were installed to spec if they were ever replaced. If you bought your car in our area, there's a good chance those quarters have been replaced. And that can have a big impact on "avoiding the rub". The tape measure is your best friend here.
Post some pics of your RR.
And welcome from NY. I see it's your first post. Congrats. I just gave you your first "like" :thumbsup:

Now go, go, go Johnny go!

My Runner has an 8 3/4 rear with the 1 1/2" offset for the leaf springs.
I have an 8" Weld drag lite rim with a 275-60-15 tire with plenty of room on the inside.
June 6 (10).jpg
June 6 (8).jpg

If your springs are in the stock location, you can use a 7" wide ralley rim (if you can find them) with the same size tire I have, but you will have a bit more bulge on them.

Auto Transport Service
Back