• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 charger oil pan pain

Kalispell

Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
New to the forum n could use some help. My kid graduated n I bought him a 72 charger fixer upper, now hes in military n I'm wantin to fix it for him. Says 440 magnum on hood, n 440 in it but serial numbers say different, the oil pan came within couple inches of ground n he put hole in pan .so read ur forums on this issue, my son bought a 6qt pan I put it on 2 c if it would clear steering n it rubs ,its 2.5" where the bar crosses n rubs pan ,187 pan is thin enough to work ,but cant find 1 anywhere. Also the windage tray looks cut length wise n .5inch peice riveted in, I wanted to buy the rubber gasket 1 ,so dont have to sammich the tray with gaskets. I think eng. Came out of a 76 ,but hard 2c # on block. So could someone send me in right direction thanks kalispell

welcome to the site,you should post some pics so the guys can see for reference

there a lot of post on hear for that problem look in the engine category . or call manicin's in Roseville / Clinton township Michigan they can help

Welcome from Missouri!!

Auto Transport Service
Back