• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 up charger seats?

Moparkrazed

Local time
1:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm looking at buying a charger (looks like a 72 or 73), its pretty rough, missing all interior, motor and trans, fenders, hood, grill, etc. I can find the metal I'm sure but how hard is it to find seats (at least the frames)? It sounds like E and B body seat frams are similar which I'd be fine with, it's not a numbers matching car and really just looking for a new project, just didn't want to put all the time and and have plastic buckets for seats (kidding). Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a set too. They are fairly common. There are affordable, decent aftermarket buckets now too if you are not going stock.

Welcome
I have a set of 72 seats in Louisiana I could sell
Thanks for the welcome Fervant. I'm thinking hard on it. He has a a cream colored one and a red 73 SE. The SE is more complete but was hit hard in the driver quarter, pushed the outside quarter all the way to the inside bracing but isnt quite touching and the passenger side is rusted through. I may go for the SE and just weld in new quarters, but it is missing the interior as well. How much would you sell the seats for? Any idea what shipping would be to Blythewood, SC? Thanks again!

I have a set too. They are fairly common. There are affordable, decent aftermarket buckets now too if you are not going stock.
Good to know they are common. I have been out of the Charger parts game for a long time. I have a 75 dart that I just finished (for now, until I figure out what else I want to do to it). My son is going to wind up with that car. I'm working on a 66 Plymouth Valiant that my daughter wants (she is 7 so that will be a while). I'm hoping to pick up one of these chargers to work on for myself. I think I remember seeing some decent looking buckets through summit maybe? Kind of reminds me mid 60 low back bucket seats if I'm thinking about the same ones.

I would make you a reasonable price just PM me if you end up buying the car
I have a 71 charger and was able to buy a 72 parts car cheaper than buying a bunch of parts plus shipping that may be an option for you
As for the shipping price of those seats I have no idea

I would make you a reasonable price just PM me if you end up buying the car
I have a 71 charger and was able to buy a 72 parts car cheaper than buying a bunch of parts plus shipping that may be an option for you
As for the shipping price of those seats I have no idea
ok awesome. I'll let you know if I get the car and need the seats. I've still got to talk to the guy and make sure he has a title, SC is too much of a pain to try and get a title with just a bill of sale. I'll shoot you a PM if things work out. Thanks again for the help and the info.

Hi guys. I'm looking at buying a charger (looks like a 72 or 73), its pretty rough, missing all interior, motor and trans, fenders, hood, grill, etc. I can find the metal I'm sure but how hard is it to find seats (at least the frames)? It sounds like E and B body seat frams are similar which I'd be fine with, it's not a numbers matching car and really just looking for a new project, just didn't want to put all the time and and have plastic buckets for seats (kidding). Any help would be much appreciated.
If you want to buy some seats start a wanted thread. This thread isn't one.

Sorry about that toolman. I'm not looking just yet as I have not purchased the car. But if I do go through with getting the car I'll be sure to post there as well. Thanks
MoparKrazed my advice, don't be too in a hurry to buy it... take your time and look around, you don't want to end up with a project that is going to cost you time and money and wear you out looking for parts. If you buy a car missing the engine, trans, interior, you have to add all of that up to see if its more cost effective to buy a better car...

By the way i have a 74 flat hood (great condition- black) and an AMD airgrabber hood (small dent passenger side edge/got a free replacement) that i do not need, haven't thought about selling them, but i need to get rid of them eventually. I have to look at all my parts, but i may have a few things i can contribute to the build. If you buy it shoot me a msg and tell me what you need, i have my old leaf springs, torsion bars (I THINK) :) that i can send you as long as you pay for shipping.

Auto Transport Service
Back