• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 kickdown linkage

Napoleon1991

Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to get some information on the factory style 727 kickdown linkage for a 65 coronet with a big block. I really don't like the gritty feeling Lokar trans cable setup that's currently on my car, and I want to go to a stock style linkage. I'm not sure what to look for since there's so many different types of linkages out there. I've found numerous diagrams but they all seem to be a little different. Is it a 1 piece or a 3 piece rod that I need? I also need help determining the types of brackets required as well. Would really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

I've gotten two different kickdown setups, emergency brake setup, brake pedals, etc. from this eBay seller. He had all of the strange clips for the linkage that I could not find or everyone was out of stock already installed on his setups. You can actually call him and he can see what you need -- he refurbishes things and resells. Not cheap at all but everything I've gotten works perfectly. Called Norms Speed Shop and the link is here:
| eBay

Kickdown linkage for '62-'65 727 is a single rod that hooks to carb linkage at one end and the kickdown lever at the other. There is a bracket that mounts to one of the end intake bolts, that resembles a couple of fingers that guides this rod. Try [email protected] for this.

Kickdown linkage for '62-'65 727 is a single rod that hooks to carb linkage at one end and the kickdown lever at the other. There is a bracket that mounts to one of the end intake bolts, that resembles a couple of fingers that guides this rod. Try [email protected] for this.
My car originally had a 318 in it before I swapped in the 440. I kept the one piece kickdown rod, but I wasn’t sure if the same rod was used for both big and small blocks. Unfortunately I don’t have the bracket that guides the rod anymore.

I should also clarify that I really don’t care if it’s factory correct or not for a 65. I just want an original style system that works because Im not too satisfied with the cable. Will the kickdown linkage from any year fit?

The 67 wagon I added to the stable has Lokar kd and throttle. The brackets are super flimsy, can't get kd which I think is from brackets flexing and full throttle due to ratios between them being off. I'm going to get the throttle cable bracket that AR Engineering makes to fit the Performer Rpm manifold plus get a repro throttle cable and Andy says to use the 3 piece kd unit[ rods, bell cranks, adjusters etc]. I'm in touch with a guy to see if he has some in his stash. Try for some trading with stuff I don't need. There are some reproduction kd packages out there but are very pricey.

Hi, I'm looking to get some information on the factory style 727 kickdown linkage for a 65 coronet with a big block. I really don't like the gritty feeling Lokar trans cable setup that's currently on my car, and I want to go to a stock style linkage. I'm not sure what to look for since there's so many different types of linkages out there. I've found numerous diagrams but they all seem to be a little different. Is it a 1 piece or a 3 piece rod that I need? I also need help determining the types of brackets required as well. Would really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.
Try A and A transmissions. They have what you are looking for. Call them......they make all kinds of parts for the 727 transmission.....an excellent source of information.....just my opinion.....
BOB RENTON

Contact Us​

Mm!Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM EDT.
Technical Advice: Available by calling (317) 831-5610 Monday - Thursday, between the hours of 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT, faxing (317) 831-9710, emailing us at [email protected] or writing to A&A Transmission, 5061 E N County Line Road, Camby, IN 46113.
A&A Transmissions
5061 E N County Line Road
Camby, IN 46113

(317) 831-3066

The newer '66-'70 articulated pieces should work as well, as long as you get all the pieces, including the kickdown lever. There are different length levers, depending on style of kickdown.

Just following up with this in case anyone else is interested or having the same problem. I finally pieced together brackets out of a New Yorker and a kickdown rod from a Cordoba and it works perfectly! Much cheaper than other alternatives I've seen for sale. Thanks again everyone for your help and suggestions.

Auto Transport Service
Back