• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 Transmission Inspection Cover - Looking to replicate the original Galvanized plating

robl72

Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
Hi,

Just curious does anyone have a good contact for shop that will re-plate my 727 Transmission cover to the original Flake type galvanized coating. I have attached a pic of an original so you know what type of coating I am looking for.

Thank you!
Inspection Cover.jpeg

Best I can advise. Not possible. the pieces were galvanized BEFORE they were stamped. And I dont think the processes avail today produce the same effect
One is hot dipped galvanized the other is a cold dipped process.

Wow I did not realize that. What do guys do for OE Judged Restorations

Wow I did not realize that. What do guys do for OE Judged Restorations
Look for the cleanest one they can find and clean it up. Just another part that makes full on OE a daunting task

WTBuy for one in the same shape as your picture! They're out there... the one I picked up for the Wife's 340 Swinger prior to a good clean up.
1969dartswingerweek6 057.JPG

Wow… I guess mine is not that bad then.. I was trying to make it perfect by getting it re-plated

Here is a pic of mine after a matte clear coat.., not sure if it was the right thing to do but it made it look a lot better.. that first pic I posted is not mine by the way.
image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back