• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 transmission

steve maluk

Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
hello guys
i have a 383 roadrunner and might want to put a gen 2 hemi in if i get the transmission rebuilt proper would the trans hold up with the hemi for street use no drag
if so any recommendations for a stout kit
thanks

No issue at all. How stout are you talking? 700 hp wont require anything but a TF2 valve body kit and good Raybestos or Alto high energy frictions. It should already have a 4 plate front clutch. I like a 3.8 or 4.2 KD lever. 2 springs in the front band servo, 15 springs in thefront clutch. .048"-.060" front clutch clearance, .025"-.040" rear clutch clearance. 46RH deep pan. You'll have to fab up a deep filter extention as most are to short.
Doug
Trans Parts Online 727 727 Transmission Parts

CAL DELUXE KIT TF-8 71-UP (ALTO HIGH ENERGY GREEN FRICTIONS, TransTec OVERHAUL KIT)

Amazon product ASIN B07MXKPY67

Transgo TF2 Reprogramming Shift Kit TF-6 A904 TF-8 A727 Torqueflite 6 8 SKTF-2)* | eBay

Auto Transport Service
Back