• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 727 w/loc up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcmason69

Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
Need 78 Chrysler cordoba 400 727
with loc up transmission.
Any help appreciated or know where to find one.
Thank you
dcmason69

They sucked when they were new, they wouldn't just lock up & run... In & out constantly till the convertor clutch wears out... Using a solenoid and electronics like a 500 or 518 is a much better design... Back in the day we disabled the lock up at the dealership to stop the customer complaints...

Put a regular 727 in it & be done with it...

Ok R/T will take that into consideration, my Tranny guy may
Have a way around that issue!
I will check this out further and let you know.
Thanks for the info:

I have one if you’re still interested, sent you a PM.

BTW, Cope Racing Transmissions built one for me several years ago. He said it only locks up in 3rd gear and above 40MPH. No problems so far.

IMG_5157.jpeg

Last edited:
I have one if you’re still interested, sent you a PM.

BTW, Cope Racing Transmissions built one for me several years ago. He said it only locks up in 3rd gear and above 40MPH. No problems so far.

View attachment 1522517
i have a 400 & 727 from a 76 magnum . any way to tell if its a lockup trans without pull them apart and looking at the input shaft?
It's going in a 84 D150

i have a 400 & 727 from a 76 magnum . any way to tell if its a lockup trans without pull them apart and looking at the input shaft?
It's going in a 84 D150
Pretty sure it has to be 78 400 bb only for the 727 lock up!
I do not know if it can be decifered by stamp # on tranny I only know by looking at input shaft.
Thanks for input

Yeah, I think '78 was the only year for big block. My torque converter did have a small decal that said "Lock Up", but it was on the transmission side so it can't be seen through the inspection cover. I don't know of any other way to identify a lock up transmission than by the input shaft.

Pretty sure it has to be 78 400 bb only for the 727 lock up!
I do not know if it can be decifered by stamp # on tranny I only know by looking at input shaft.
Thanks for input
thanks . its still bolted together and not really wasnting to pull it apart and pull TC just to check . i guess i'll find out once the truck is done .

IMG_20201124_192655136.jpg

IMG_20201124_192647056.jpg

I have one that I can bring to Moparty in Kentucky if you are coming or know someone that will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back