• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73-74 Satellite Sedan and Station Wagon Windshield Adventure

Deltic

Local time
11:05 PM
Reaction score
Not many people hold the above models in high esteem, but if you do, or you just happen to own one out of poverty, getting a new windshield for them can be quite the chore. I searched wrecking yards and Pick-A-Parts across the nation looking for a used one for my 74 Satellite Custom 4 door to no avail. Nearby my home is a glass installer, so I went by his shop. He checked with his suppliers but had no luck. He confirmed the scarcity of the windshield as compared to the coupe version of the car.

Eventually I stumblled upon http://vintageglass.com/who had one for $245.00 not including shipping (which ended up costing almost as much). Reluctantly I ponied up and had it trucked across the country to Long Beach CA. When it arrived I went back to the glass installer.... Now here's the fun part - when his guy looked at my new windshield he recognised the part number. "Hang on a minute" he said, scurrying out back. Upon his return he informed me that they had TWO unblemished identical used windshields sitting on a rack which had been there for years...and the best bit of all...they would have sold and installed one for $98.00! If you need one, ask for Chino at Low Price Auto Glass, Wilmington, CA 90744 (next to Pick Your Part) 310 522 9463.

D'oh!! That hurts. Sounds like my kind of luck. Oh well, at least you know where to go for your next one.

Auto Transport Service
Back