• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Plymouth Satellite K Frame interchange?

zombezoo

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know which models have k frames that interchange with a 73 satellite? My k frame is rusted out on the back side of the back tabs. I think it could be fixed but would prefer to get one all ready to swap over before tearing my car apart. Not getting bites on my WTB so looking for some info on what to search for on junk yard sites and other sources. Im doing a big block swap but currently running a 318 so I would settle for either style.

Would also consider other options. Not sure if anyone knows of aftermarket solutions. Was really looking to keep costs to a minimum. Car is a weekend driver, not likely to ever see the track or do any racing.

This side is the worst. My thought was to have a new tab welded on. I have connections at a steel fabrication shop that I think could make repair pieces and weld them in. The rest is either covered in undercoating or seems solid under surface rust.

PXL_20230604_162351063.jpg

To confirm, any of these would interchange?

1973–1974 Plymouth Satellite
1973–1976 Dodge Coronet
1973–1978 Dodge Charger
1973–1975 Plymouth Road Runner
1975–1978 Plymouth Fury
1975–1978 Chrysler Cordoba
1977–1978 Dodge Monaco

Magnum not monoco..
I think 73-78 b bodies all have isolated k members. Should be able to use a later model cordoba, charger or magnum on a 73.
I think the only difference is the later cars have a bigger bushing for the strut rod. So best get them two.

Magnum not monoco..
I think 73-78 b bodies all have isolated k members. Should be able to use a later model cordoba, charger or magnum on a 73.
I think the only difference is the later cars have a bigger bushing for the strut rod. So best get them two.
Correct. I missed that.

K frames are different between big block and small block. I have both available, but I am in Wyoming. $150 small block, $250 big block. Plus shipping, and that could get expensive.

When you take it off look / check at your area around k - frame mounting holes , had a friend that had one it was rusted bad in areas.

Auto Transport Service
Back