• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Charger SE 1 front & 2 rear original Deluxe speakers. Can these be refurbished?

74ChargerSE440

Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
I got my radio working today, but my speakers, 1 in the front and 2 in the rear, are toast. Strangely enough the rear speakers are different in size and shape but both fit perfect into the rear window panel that are also different is size and shape. Why was this?

20230623_200856.jpg

20230623_200740.jpg

yes... any speaker rebuild service will be able to make it. I made the front on my Charger on a local shop in Caracas Venezuela.

The holes on rear tray speakers are diff size so the speakers are made accordingly. For WHATEVER REASON. True is the passenger side is bigger and it gets the rear deffog blower to fit on that hole when optioned

I have the "acustic" theory about why is that, but is just a theory. Back in the days there was no reason to get some acoustic specification. Good enough it still got rear speakers LOL.

The truth is, left side which is the smaller one of the rear ones is matched with the front speaker. Being both small but playing together are able to reproduce the low frequencies the bigger one is able to reproduce just by itself. On speakers build theory, two 10" speaker working together are able to reproduce same frequencies than one single 14" speaker ( 1:1.14 ratio ). Is not a volume relationship really, just frequency response eficiency.

Now, is this the reason why they were setup like that ? dunno.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back