• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 74 Charger seat belts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Miller

Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Looking for black seat belt assemblies for front bench seat and possibly rear set as well..
need all parts and hardware except mounting bolts.. Thanks.

Do th look like this

5414BE67-FA28-4D8E-AA63-0D261E2C67BE.jpeg

0947CE82-34C7-46A2-9D2A-CABAEBAC927C.jpeg

2EE05238-A3AC-4170-9C9F-0F6AB06D4837.jpeg

BD2E8A5C-2D35-4AF0-A3E9-F675631EB7BB.jpeg

I have photos of the seat belts for a 74 Charger bench seat for reference. My seat belt interlock switch is hooked up, so that's why there's wires on belts. First phot shows a set installed in my car. The second photo shows the center belt if used. If you decide not to install the center belt in front, then the female belt receivers are just single instead of the double as shown in last photo next to double female receiver. The interlock would need to be bypassed or rewired if not using the center belt.
Terry W.

Seat Belts 5.jpg

Seat Belts 4.jpg

Seat Belts 3.jpg

Thanks for the photos..been searching ebay and nothing so i went to seatbeltsolutions and ordered a new set.. gotta have belts in the car and i have none..

So, I went with aftermarket 3 point belts as seen in the photo below. They are nice. I had to make adapters using flat bar to hang the mid-point lower (at top of photo) to match the length of the original mid-points (top and bottom of attached photo of originals) to keep from having the belt across my neck. I also had to use flat bar adapters to get the retractor that goes behind the rear interior panel to fit back into the quarter panel further. Otherwise, I couldn't install the 74 rear interior panel over the retractor. I'm going to use them in my other 74 which will be driven more since it has a/c.
Terry W.

Seat Belts New 1.jpg

Seat Belts 1.jpg

Here you can see the long blue adapter I had to make to extend mid-point from roof rail bolt hole. You can see the gray retractor adapter I made to recess it further back into rear quarter to allow install of rear interior side panel. I also had to remove the hard plastic sleeve from the female belt part and extend it with blue adapter to stick up through bench seat far enough like the original. But they are good belts. Just require some fabrication to keep original look/function.

Seat Belts New With Adapters.jpg

I went with the seatbelt solutions belts and aside from some minor issues adapting the retractors i will say they seem good quality and i am happy with them..

I went with the seatbelt solutions belts and aside from some minor issues adapting the retractors i will say they seem good quality and i am happy with them..
Did you go with their A, B,E body bench seat conversion set where the shoulder belt attaches to a stud on seat belt buckle? Similar setup to the Ebody 71 hardtop setup.
Terry W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back