• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 915 heads for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlowande

Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a set of 915 heads for sale. They have been cleened, crack checked & shot blasted. I would like to get $ 500.00 out of theese heads. Machine shop cost was $181.00. I had thees heads for years, and I don't need them so I am looking to sell them. I have the valves, springs, keepers etc. I am located in Peoria, IL. I will not deliver
DSC00079.JPG
DSC00080.JPG
Hughes.jpg
DSC00081.JPG
DSC00082.JPG

I live in the Peoria area (Germantown Hills). I don't need the heads but just wondered if you have any other Mopar parts you want to sell.

I live in the Peoria area (Germantown Hills). I don't need the heads but just wondered if you have any other Mopar parts you want to sell.
a few. 67 383 short block. never machined wil need rebuilt $300.00 also have a 73 or so 440 locked up. condition unkown. may sell as is at buyars risk. Thats about it. probly at the least some usable parts on the 440. will sell for a couple hundred bucks unless I tare it down and salvage most of it

Last edited:
dang, i just bought a set !

These only sale for $150 set complete unless they are 2.02 X heads. These aren't even 915 J heads.

I was just try to educate you so people don't think your trying to rip them off. So Slow your roll.

If these are the heads used on the '67 440hp they are closed chamber and have 2.08 intake valves and 1.74 exhaust. I think the "X" and "J" heads are open chamber and were used on the 340. Their part number would be 3418915

They are closed chamber heads as you can see by the second picture. The intake is2.02 The exhaust is 1.64 or thier abouts. They are 67 I think. they are definetly not 340 heads. (big block, Look at pics)

These only sale for $150 set complete unless they are 2.02 X heads. These aren't even 915 J heads.
These are the highly coveted one year only (1967) closed chamber big block heads. Well worth the money if your looking for a compression boost with good quench characteristics. Valves are 2.08 and either 1.60 or 1.74. Again, these are rare and probably the best cast head available from a factory produced standpoint.

Last edited:
The 67-440 heads have worked well on many of my builds. They make good power, especially with larger valves installed along with some mild porting.

I hear ya. If I didn't already have a set I would be owning these.

You are fired and no longer an educator of Mopar heads!

I was wrong in that I'm not a big block guy, but small block 915 heads are either J or X. I did not realize they were BB heads. So I Apologize for any disrespect.

I was wrong in that I'm not a big block guy, but small block 915 heads are either J or X. I did not realize they were BB heads. So I Apologize for any disrespect.
It takes a Man to admit he was wrong and you my friend are a Man. Thanks!

I never mean no disrespect to anyone. I just seen casting number and jumped the gun. My bad.

These are the HP heads as indicated by the L. This indicates they are 1.74 exhaust valves vs a K head that is not HP and has 1.60 exhaust valves. Both are a great find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back